It doesn’t matter whether you are moving across town, country or interstate, we know that it can be a very stressful experience – so that’s where we come in!
Kyle Bay Removals knows that careful preparation is vital to a successful relocation, so we are here to guide you all the way. We are committed to supporting you during this difficult time and turning your moving experience into a positive one.
Our blog section is dedicated to giving Aussies on the move valuable information about everything from the ultimate moving checklist, to renovations and popular destinations all over Australia.
We’ve created this moving guide to make your move as hassle-free, quick, and safe as possible.
But before anything else, remember that your move to your new home will be a lot easier if you start planning at least two months ahead of time!
Disconnect/ Redirect Utilities
- Pay TV
Advise necessary parties of your new address
- Australia Post for temporary mail redirection
Getting ready to move
- Getting quotes for removalists
- Defrost the fridge and freezer
- Empty Gas Cylinders for barbeque
- Throw away any rubbish
- Book your removalist
- Arrange insurance for goods in transit
- Drain fuel from lawnmower and other machinery
Plan ahead for your new home
- Book a cleaner for your new home
- Connect utilities that could not be redirected
- Organise home and contents insurance
- Hand over keys to agent or new owner
- Turn off water, gas, electricity
- Lock all doors and windows securely
- Check cupboards, storerooms, sheds, under the house
You can get a free quote from Kyle Bay Removals or you can talk to one of our experts at 1300 561 333